These Jalapeno Poppers are creamy, crispy and delicious; the perfect addition for any party or an appetizer to your own dinner.
If you don’t have an air fryer don’t worry! You can either fry in oil or bake in the oven!
Let's Get Started
Place them in the freezer for about 20 min so the cheese stuffing becomes slightly hardened. This will he’ll keep everything together when you bread them. – If you used frozen jalapenos you can either bi-pass this step or place them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
Time to Bread'em
Now lets prep the breading ingredients!
Using two bowls; beat the egg and mix in the milk until well blended. Add salt and pepper to the flour.
It's Airfrying Time
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- -5 jalapeños- seeded and cut in half lengthwise I left the stem
- - 4oz half brick cream cheese softened
- -1 cup cheddar cheese shredded I used mild white cheddar
- -1 cup pepper jack shredded
- -chili powder
- -1 egg
- -1/2 cup milk
- -1 cup flour
- -1 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix up cheeses until we'll blended and stuff your jalapeños until mix is gone and Sprinkle the top of the cheese with chili powder. Place them in the freezer for about 20 min so the cheese stuffing becomes slightly hardened. This will he'll keep everything together when you bread them.
- Beat egg and mix in milk, mix salt and pepper in the flour. Roll jalapeño in egg and then flour mixture and place on a plate. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes so it dries out.
- Take jalapeños out of the fridge and drip in the egg mixture again and this time roll in the breadcrumbs. Spray the airfryer with cooking oil, spray the tops of your poppers with cooking spray (I like olive oil). Put in airfryer at 400° for 8 minutes or until crispy and cheese is starting to bubble out. If you don't have an air fryer you can bake them at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and cheese is starting to bubble out. Or you can fry them in oil, heat oil on the stove or use a fryer.