Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
These Enchiladas are so easy and quick and so delicious! They are perfect for a household on the go, and for meal prepping!
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 Pot Boiling chicken
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- 1 cup Mexican Crema
- 1 cup canned or jarred Salsa Verde I love using Herdez
- salt To taste
- pepper To taste
- garlic powder dash
- 4-5 6 IN soft flour tortillas
- 1.5 cups canned or jarred Salsa Verde
- 1.5 cups Shredded Mexican style cheese or Monterey jack
- Boil 2 breasts of chicken until cooked and remove from water and shred into a bowl. You can also use rotisserie chicken. I like to boil the chicken, it's a quick and easy way to cook it and it will shred really easily. Mix in crema, Salsa Verde, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the chicken. I added a few drops of a green Chile habanero hot sauce for some heat. Set aside.
- Spray a baking dish so your enchiladas don't stick. Take a tortilla and scoop a portion of the chicken mix into the middle and roll the tortilla up. Place the tortilla to one side of your dish and repeat until all chicken is used up or you have the desired amount of Enchiladas. Top with your Salsa Verde then add shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350°for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. After this you can also place under the broiler for a couple minutes so cheese browns slightly. Garnish with cilantro and serve!